Friday, February 18, 2011

Late Night Tie Dyeing

Up late dyeing a whole bunch of new stuff. Leann goes to a good friend's baby shower next weekend, and we've got a batch of great baby items in the mix to give as gifts. I'm real anxious to unfold a fire palette curved "V" ripple pattern XL long sleeve I dyed tonight - I just have a good feeling about the palette I used, the way I pushed the dye, and then as a finishing detail touch, feathered in the pleat ridges with a soft brush. I spent more time on this one shirt tonight than the price I'll put on it can justify, but every once in a while, I just gotta get fancy and try some new things. I'll try to remember to put a picture on here when it's done - it'll be a least a day on the rack, wet for the dye to set, then a rinse day, then to the shop for a picture and its place on a rack. Also dyed up a bunch of baby onesies, some socks, a custom ordered hoodie, and a new test pattern for a five pointed star I have another custom order for. I usually test new patterns on cheapass flour sack material, but I was pretty confident in this star design and tying technique I came up with, so I went straight to a t-shirt with it. Fingers crossed. I've ruined shirts doing this before . . .

I also put a lot of the new dyes on our website today, (http://www.lovelightboutique.com/) and created a new category called "Brian's Choice" for dyes I am particularly proud of. With any luck, this fire ripple XL I did tonight will make the cut. Also planning on adding a "Leann's Choice" category, so she can feature her favorite dyes or other products that we carry. I think it'll be kind of fun.

Lovelight Boutique and Yoga Studio is open 12 -4 tomorrow, and I have to get down there early to help set up for Leann's Chakra Yoga workshop, so I better cut out and head to bed. Busy day today with lots of customers all day - hopefully be even busier and crazier tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment